A surprise with dragonflies!

Hello again!

I know – I said my next post would come from the jungle. However I got two days of delay due to easter – so I will share a few dragonflies with you before. They are everywhere here on Borneo! Hope you don’t mind some nice photos. I simply love them – their beautiful net wings and huge eyes! Also they are big which is quite pleasant if you are about to photograph them!Dragon flies white.jpg 2DSC08536

So on monday I’ll go for sure. It’s been raining hard here most of the time. I still haven’t got the vaseline to grease up my legs in the swamp, the dragonflies keeps me busy!

Here are some more dragonflies, some which already been in an other post.

DSC08273DSC08432DSC08162

Hope to be back with fresh reports from the jungle soon!

/Wilhelm
———————————————————————————————————————————————–
This blog about conservation of nature, is new started on WordPress.  To help me get things rolling – reblogs and shares are very appreciated to help me spread the word of conservation. Thank you!

6 comments for “A surprise with dragonflies!

1. jethroda20sumpin
    April 19, 2014 at 17:28

Beautiful pictures; love the amount of detail you’ve gotten out of the shots of the head with the faceted eyes, and the wing joints. Did you manage to determine which species any of these dragonflies are?

2. April 19, 2014 at 17:36

To be honest I don’t have access even to a bird book at the moment. I wish I could, but the high diversity here would of course make it hard either way. The first four are true dragonflies, while the last one is a damselfly (zygoptera). That is all I know so far unfortunatley!

• April 24, 2014 at 13:25

The photos are stunning, congratulations! Yes, I know the frustration of not being able to identify everything! It’s so tough finding good texts in remote areas, but you MUST get a bird book at least!! This will make you so much happier! Good luck, Katharine

3. Evi
    April 19, 2014 at 23:20

Magical creatures.Their wings look fragile and yet it is a complicated construction

4. April 20, 2014 at 11:39

Happy Odonata to you.

5. Siri
    April 20, 2014 at 19:07

Amazing!!!! Helt fantastiska Wilhelm.